It is awesome to see and feel winters after the summer hot. A nice feeling comes when winter starts. The atmosphere looks awesome, snowfall makes winter chill and temp go down even in the minus which makes lives difficult in some places of the world. A proper take care of health in the Winter can make life easier, comfortable, and beautiful. Skin goes dry, the body feels cold, the house needs to keep warm and a proper diet requires in the winter season.
Check out the following five simple steps to stay healthy and survive easily this winter:
1. Skin Care in Winter Season at Home
Skin is the most effective area of your body in the winter season. Your skin becomes dry or even rough and cracked if you do not take care of it properly. Following are things that you can follow for winter skincare:
- Wash your hand and face in the Lukewarm water.
- Try to avoid hot showers and baths as much as possible.
- Moisturize your skin immediately after you wash.
- Choose moisturizer creams, scribe, and lotion carefully.
- Clean your face 2-3 times a day & hand, face, neck, and foot deep cleanse at night before going to bed.
- Wear gloves, caps, and scarves to protect your skin from cold winds and snow.
- Drink 12 to 15 glasses of water in winter daily.
- Stay away from dust, and smoky places.
- If you have eczema and dermatitis problems, avoid wearing irritating fabrics clothes like wool, and don’t wash your clothes in chemical-laden detergents. Only wear cotton inner-wears to keep your skin healthy.
2. Foods to Eat in Winter
A proper and healthy diet is extremely important in the winter season because our body burns more calories so we need more calories. The common winter foods that should eat:
- Broccoli, Cabbage & Cauliflower
- Garlic, Chilli, Turmeric, Onions, Tomatoes, and Ginger
- Spinach & Peas
- Carrot, Beetroot, Rutabaga, and Radishes
- Brussel Sprouts & Kale
- Almonds, Walnut & Cashewnuts
- Sesame & Pumpkinseed,
- Raisin and Apricots
- Apples, Dates, Bananas & Papayas
- Kiwis & Pomegranates
- Citrus & Oranges
- Sweet Potatoe
- Grapes & Guava
- Leek and potato soup
- Sweetcorn chowder & noodle soup
- Carrot and ginger soup
- Cheddar and ale soup
- Roasted cauliflower and stilton soup
- Cabbage Soup
Mixed Vegetable Soup
- Minestrone soups
- Drink lukewarm water
- Hot Coffee
- Chai, Ginger Tea & Green Tea
- Take Honey
- Coconut Milk
Few more things to eat in the winter season:
- Grain bread and pasta
- Cake and Biscuits
- Dark Chocolate
3. Clothes and Shoes to Wear in Winter
Winter clothes save us from the cold and winds. Choose your clothes and shoes smartly from your winter collection. Some of the winter apparels that you can wear:
- Long, Full-Sleeve and Oversize Coat, Jacket, Sweater, and warm Innerwear
- Sorel Boots, Water, & Rainproof Boots, Bugaboot, and Sports Shoes
- Socks: Wear Merino wool and Synthetic fibers full-length socks to keep your foot and legs warm and dry.
- Hats, Wool Caps, Beanie, Muffler, and Hand Gloves
- Jean, Leather and Wool Pants and Shirts
4. Keep Your Home Warm During Winter
Home is a place where we spend more time special in the winter season. So your home must be warm from the inside during winter. Ways to keep your home warm:
- Install central heating system
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Use tin foil
- Furnaces, Water and Gas Heaters, and Heat Pumps
- Wood-Burning and Pellet Stoves
- Solar & Geothermal heating
- Let the sunlight in your home during the day
- Keep the windows and Door Close
- Close any vents or hole in your home
5. Finish Your Major Work Before the Winter Chill
It is hard to work in the winter season especially in the snowfall area. If you want to stay relax and enjoy the winter, finish the following talks before winter starts.
- Finish your Wedding, Engagement, or any family event.
- Firewood Gathering
- Keep gas tank full
- Prune trees around the house
- Clean gutters, roof, and garden
- Prepare a health emergency kit if you live in heavy snowfall areas.
- Consider getting snow car tires and fog lights
- Learn gym exercise to stay fit and warm at home
- Store necessary food items
Mission to keep you healthy and warm in this winter season. Let us know how do you take care of your health in the cold weather?